About Plastic Recycling
It has been observed that disposal of plastic waste is a serious concern due to improper collection and segregation system hence the Government has notified the Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016 an accordingly we have designed the startup for the recycling in compliance to the waste management rules and further compliances thereof w.r.t. segregation and recycling.
We shall be dealing with the multilayerd plastic and industrial plastic waste recycling which is major concern as of now.
The approximate size of the Indian plastic industry is more than 2,000 exporters, 150 plastic processing machinery manufacturers and more than 30,000 processing units. Around 85-90% of the sector remains small-scale. The domestic plastic consumption is expected to touch 20 million metric tonnes by 2020.
Multilayered plastic packing is generated in huge quantity and yet there is no big player in the recycling of this type of plastic. We will generate revenue by collection of waste and supplying recycled plastic granules. Recycled Materials supply meets the 40% of the global raw material needs.
Applications Of Recycled Plastic
Challenges In Plastic Recycling
- Segregation of the plastic
- Stringent competition from virgin plastics
- Lack of awareness and mixing of all kinds of waste
- The recycled plastic lacks quality in comparison to the original fresh plastic.
- Lack of policies and methods of segeration hence segregation is a manual task.
- Plastic is a complex material and each type has unique properties that affect its color, shape, structure and melting point. All type of plastics cannot be recycled together hence to maintain the quality of recycled plastic, classification/ segeregation is quite important.
- Myths and lack of recycled plastic products acceptance in-market leads more plastic waste to landfills.
- Changing govt. policies
Benefits Of Plastic Recycling
- Plastic waste recycling startup will reduce the burden on renewable resources as the virgin plastic will be replaced by the recycled one.
- Reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills and incinerators
- Dealing in multilayed plastic and industrial plastic waste recycling
- Increases economic security by tapping a domestic source of materials
- Favorable initiatives to promote the use of recycled plastics in developed countries
- The recycling of plastic will lead to the energy saving upto 40-100 MJ/kg, economically beneficial, generate employment, reduces demand of virgin polymers and most importantly, it shall Reduces depletion of Fossil fuel reserves.
Technical Options For Safer Disposal Of Plastic Waste
- Utilization of Plastic Waste in Road Construction
- Co-processing of plastic waste as Alternative Fuel and Raw Material (AFR) in cement kilns and power plants
- Conversion of plastic waste into liquid RDF (Oil)
- Production of Liquid RDF from waste plastic